If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you didn’t already know this, I’m a chocoholic. Anywhere there’s chocolate there is me. It’s a delicious problem. And because of this, oftentimes I find myself wondering “how, oh how can I have chocolate for breakfast that doesn’t involve a major sugar crash at 11 am?!” The answer presented itself to me in the form of this smoothie. It’s delicious, *healthy*, and chock full of chocolate. A+. Need I say more? Note: If you don’t have frozen bananas I recommend adding ice- the consistency will be waaaay too liquidy otherwise, and for some reason this makes for an odd smoothie experience. But even with the ice, there's just something magically creamy and delicious that happens when you blend a frozen banana, so prep the night before and freeze your banana. Your morning hangry self with thank you. Trust me on this one. Recipe inspired by A Beautiful Mess.
http://spicesandspatulas.com/2014/06/04/abc-smoothie/ —Rebecca Firkser
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3-1/2+ cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth- how easy is that?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut