If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthier cross between puffed wheat squares and peanut butter bars. Find more of my recipes at occasionallyeggs.com. —Alexandra | Occasionally Eggs
Makes 10-12 squares
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 soft dates, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups kamut puffs (see note)
- Throw the brown rice syrup, peanut butter, coconut oil, mashed dates, and vanilla into a large pot. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat. Add the cacao and salt, and stir well. Pour the kamut into the pot and stir until evenly coated.
- Press this mixture into a square or rectangular dish lined with parchment paper. It doesn't matter what size it is, just the thickness of the bar will change. Refrigerate for half an hour before cutting. This is best if kept in the fridge.
- Note: I have made this recipe very successfully with millet puffs in place of the kamut for a fabulous gluten-free option.