If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This earthy vegan salad is made with fresh mushroom, bell pepper, and whole wheat pasta. A step towards eating more veggies and less meat. —Gaëlle Branellec-Shachar
- 2 cups dry whole wheat penne rigate pasta
- 4 medium fresh button mushrooms (preferably organic), peeled and sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced (I put half an orange and half a yellow bell pepper)
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon
- Over high heat, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook according to package instructions, or until al dente. Drain the pasta, transfer to a serving bowl, cover with a clean tea towel, and let it cool.
- When cooled, add the mushroom, bell pepper, spring onion and coriander, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil until smooth.
- Add the oil mixture to the pasta salad, toss well, and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe