If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this recipe because it really celebrates the banana. There are no additional spices, so the flavor of banana really comes through; therefore, it's important to use very ripe bananas, since they will have the sweetest, most distinct flavor. —Sam
Makes 1 - 9 x 5 inch loaf cake or 4 mini loaf cakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place a baking rack in the center of a conventional oven and preheat it to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans and set aside.
- Cream the softened butter in the bowl of stand mixer for 3 minutes. Add the brown sugar and continue to beat for 2 more minutes. Next, add the eggs, one at a time. Scrape the mixture down and then mix in the mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add them to the wet ingredients. Scrape the bowl with a spatula to make sure the mixture is evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan or pans and bake for about 45-50 minutes for 1 large loaf cake or about 30-35 minutes for mini loaf cakes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool for about 15 minutes in the pan then turn it out and let it finish cooling on a rack.