If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple cutout cookie recipe is inspired by my sweet tooth and love for chocolate. All ingredients can be found in the bulk food aisle except baking soda, eggs, vanilla, oil, and honey (which are packaged in recyclable materials, paperboard and glass).
For more information on the recipe, visit: http://packageless.us/2015/09/13/chocolate-cranberry-walnut-cutout-cookies/ —packageless
Makes twenty two 2.5 inch diameter cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 3/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Add wet ingredients to the dry mix, and begin to incorporate together.
- Knead dough with hands until all ingredients stick — if you fear that the dough is too dry or crumbly, go ahead and add one tablespoon of milk. If too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Lightly flour a flat, clean surface for rolling out dough, and roll out to 1/8″ thickness. Use cookie cutter or knife to cut out cookies from rolled out dough, and utilize a spatula to help place cut out cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-12 minutes, depending on if you enjoy your cookies soft or crisp. Be careful when removing from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack if preferred. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk, and store cookies in a sealed container…but best when enjoyed the day of.