If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was inspired by Ina Garten's mustard roasted potatoes recipe. After successfully making mustard roasted cauliflower a few times, it was time to try it with broccoli. It was the first day of fall and broccoli had made an appearance at the farmers market and I just had to make this soup for dinner....... —KK
- 1 bunch Broccoli, about 12-15 florets
- 2 Small Red skin potatoes, cut into half inch cubes
- 1 Medium onion, chopped into half inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, or any oil of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons Ras-el-hanout ( Optional ), or any spice mix of your choice.
- 2-3 cups Water
- 1 handful Cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients, spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 deg for 30-40 mins, till the vegetables are cooked.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil, sauté garlic for a few seconds, turn off the heat and add the Ras-el-hanout or any spices you prefer. Some suggestions- red pepper flakes or cumin or garam masala. You can omit the spices as well.
- Add the mustard roasted veggies and water to the garlic oil and bring to a boil.
- Let it cool a bit, then purée the soup with cilantro or parsley. Serve with grilled cheese sandwich.
- This is a very creamy soup. Enjoy.