This was inspired by Ina Garten's mustard roasted potatoes recipe. After successfully making mustard roasted cauliflower a few times, it was time to try it with broccoli. It was the first day of fall and broccoli had made an appearance at the farmers market and I just had to make this soup for dinner....... —KK
- Serves 4
Broccoli, about 12-15 florets
Small Red skin potatoes, cut into half inch cubes
Medium onion, chopped into half inch cubes
Olive oil, or any oil of your choice
Cloves garlic, chopped
Ras-el-hanout ( Optional ), or any spice mix of your choice.
Cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Combine first 7 ingredients, spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 deg for 30-40 mins, till the vegetables are cooked.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil, sauté garlic for a few seconds, turn off the heat and add the Ras-el-hanout or any spices you prefer. Some suggestions- red pepper flakes or cumin or garam masala. You can omit the spices as well.
- Add the mustard roasted veggies and water to the garlic oil and bring to a boil.
- Let it cool a bit, then purée the soup with cilantro or parsley. Serve with grilled cheese sandwich.
- This is a very creamy soup. Enjoy.