If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love adding sweet, yet slightly tart fruits to savory salads. This is one of my favorites, which is fresh, full of flavor, and perfect for transitioning seasons. Creamy butter beans (a.k.a. lima beans), tart apples, and crunchy celery are tossed in a bright dressing of apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, honey, and sweet shallots to bring the salad to life. Make sure to use crisp, red apples, like Honeycrisp or Pink Lady, to ensure a plateful of vibrant colors. —jillhaap
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 apples, washed, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, add beans, apples, celery, almonds, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, shallot, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples