If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: till sticking with the simplicity and whimsy of my childhood breakfast bowl, but elevating it to new autumnal heights, I bring you my Coconut Pumpkin Pie Porridge – for those of us who could (can) eat pumpkin pie for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, but are trying to keep THIS tight. Made with a simple combination of rolled oats or muesli, pumpkin, coconut milk, coconut water, and a blend of warming, cozy spices, this vegan pumpkin pie porridge is the only way to kick off your autumn season, the only way you’ll ever want to eat pumpkin pie again.
Nutritional Information [per serving = 1 cup]
315 Calories, 12g Fat, 47.5g Carbohydrates, 10g Fiber, 11g Sugar, 8.7g Protein
½ cup shredded apple or carrot
dollop of coconut or almond milk based yogurt
1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, pecans, or walnuts
¼ cup dried coconut flakes or chips
1 medium banana, sliced into thin rounds —Alexandra Dawson
- 3 cups rolled oats or unsweetened Bircher muesli
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Divide mixture evenly into six Tupperware or mason jars, cover, and refrigerate, allowing mixture to chill for a minimum of 4 hours – overnight, or until it appears much thicker and oats are soft.
- Serve cold, topped with your favorite toppings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe