If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe inspired by my breakfast cravings for nutty granola and the fall season. All these ingredients can be found in the bulk section or in recyclable packaging (my spices, apple sauce, vanilla, and oil come in glass containers). In addition, the recipe is lower sugar and fat than most granola recipes, as the spices give this granola plenty of flavor. —packageless
Makes nine 1/2 cup servings
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice
- Combine all dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in a large bowl excluding the nuts and dried fruit.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread mixture out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, and remove from oven to toss the granola so it does not burn. Place back in oven, keeping an eye every 5-10 minutes, stirring granola to evenly toast.
- After the 15-20 minute mark, toss nuts and dried fruits into mixture. Bake for 10 additional minutes or until toasted to your liking.