If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An asian inspired noodle soup recipe using a vegetable base and bulk food ingredients.
For more information, refer to original recipe here: http://packageless.us/2015/10/20/carrot-ginger-ramen/ —packageless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more for taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- Prepare vegetable stock components by washing and chopping half of the carrot into slices, and half of the onion into small pieces. Chop all garlic and ginger finely.
- Warm a medium sized soup pot and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in all dry spices and cook until fragrant under medium heat. Place in small onion pieces, ginger, garlic, and carrot slices. Cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Put a tablespoon of water at a time to prevent vegetables from burning.
- Once the vegetables are soft, remove from stove, and mash into smaller pieces. You can also purée with a blender for a smoother base.
- Place the pot with the vegetable base back on the stove, and add four cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes under low heat. Add additional spices for desired flavor or taste.
- Additional water for boiling, oil and spices for sautéing vegetables
- 4 bunches of ramen
- 1/2 carrot, julienne sliced
- 1/2 onion, julienne sliced
- 1 squash, julliene sliced
- 4 heads bok choy
- 2 eggs
- While soup is simmering, you can do the following… Wash remainder of the vegetables. Slice the squash, remainder of the onion, and remainder of the carrot into julienne slices. Chop off bottoms of bok choy.
- Use a frying pan to sauté the toppings (onion slices, squash, and carrots). I prefer to sauté them separately, with a bit of oil, garlic, salt and/or pepper with each.
- In another small pot, cover with cold water by 1 inch. Place in eggs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 8 to 10 minutes. These can be peeled then sliced in half for toppings.
- Boil another pot of water again to cook ramen noodles thoroughly. Remove from pot and place noodles into bowls.
- Use the boiling pot of water to also cook the bok choy slices for about 5 minutes.
- Fill each bowl evenly with soup base. Top all with vegetable and egg toppings as desired.