If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was given a version of this years ago by good friend who lives in North Carolina. Through the years I have changed a few items or way they are used. I love to serve this to people who have never been South, never had grits or don't get much shrimp. It is also an easy recipe to use during the busy holiday season. The lime adds a different taste than the usual lemon.
They are always impressed. It doubles easily, —Muffinj
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup quick cooking grits
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
The shrimp and lime sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 pieces pancetta, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cups green onion
- Bring the broth and 1 Tbsp butter to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the grits. Reduce heat , cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in cream cheese and half and half into the grits. Cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until all the liquid has evaporated and the grits are tender and creamy, about 7 minutes.
- Crisp the pancetta in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove to a plate but do not clean the skillet. Add 3 Tbsps butter to the skillet. once melted add the shrimp and sauté until the shrimp pink and tender. Add the lime juice, coating the shrimp well. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the grits, serving the shrimp on top. Drizzle with the lime butter and top with the chopped green onions and the crisp pancetta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Show-Stopping Holiday Main