If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Misr Wot (Ethiopian Spicy Lentil Stew) —RawSpiceBar
- 11/2 teaspoon RawSpiceBar's Freshly Ground Berbere
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 piece yellow onion, diced
- 1 piece cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 piece inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup canned, chopped tomatoes
- 1 piece Kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth (we love Saffron Road's Vegetable Broth)
- 1 piece Yogurt & cilantro to garnish, optional
- Rinse lentils in a sieve under cold running water and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, saute onion in canola oil over medium heat until the onions turn golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add RawSpiceBar's Berbere spices, stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add lentils and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, until lentils are soft, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding more liquid if needed. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro. Works perfectly with a side of injera or naan bread as well. Enjoy!