If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pumpkin Spice Dabo Kolo (Ethiopian Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Donuts) —RawSpiceBar
- 1/2 tablespoon RawSpiceBar's Freshly Ground Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 11/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 piece Vegetable oil, for frying
- In medium sized bowl, whisk ricotta cheese until creamy. Add eggs and whisk well. Whisk in RawSpiceBar's Pumpkin Spices, flour, salt and butter.
- Add oil to a deep frying pan or wok, to about 1/2 inch up the side of the pan. Heat oil to 350-360 degrees or until a bit of the dough instantly rises to the surface when added.
- Add dough to pan, 1 tbsp a time, pushing it off with a spoon or spatula. When golden brown on one side, turn to brown other side, until puffed into small balls.
- Transfer dough with a slotted spoon to a paper lined baking sheet and allow to cool slightly. To serve, arrange on a platter and drizzle with the honey. Enjoy!