If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Always a family favourite - it's delicious, quick and perfect for home freezing. My version has lots of tasty, healthy mushrooms. —Teresa Ulyate
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 250 grams beef mince
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 80 milliliters red wine
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 200 grams spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a deep saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the mince and brown. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the wine and allow to simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, then allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti and dish onto warm plates. Spoon the sauce over the spaghetti, top with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.