If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with cannellini beans, these cakes are grain and wheat free. Sweet coconut cakes with a vegan lemon curd top to temp any cake lover. —My Goodness Kitchen
- 400 milliliters Cannellini Beans can, rinsed well
- 2 Flax Eggs or eggs
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 juice of lemons
- 5 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baling powder
- In a saucepan, without heat, whisk together the almond milk, lemon juice, zest and maple syrup to combine.
- On a low to medium heat, heat mixture and one spoon at a time add the cornflour, whisking as you go. Whisk until thick and coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool before refrigerating.
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Line muffin/cupcake pan with liners – either 6 moulds for full-size cup cakes or 12 for a smaller variety.
- Starting with the flax egg (or egg) add flax egg, cannellini beans, coconut, coconut oil, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt and vanilla to a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds until the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter in to the cake moulds and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- When the cakes are cold, pipe thickened curd on to the top and serve.