If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little savoury, a lot sweet. I love the combination of beetroot and thyme baked in to a sweet donut batter. —The Goodness Exchange
roasted beetroot, almond meal, coconut sugar, flax or regular eggs, vegan butter, baking soda, thyme, sea salt
- 1/2 cup roasted beetroot, cooled and peeled
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut or unrefined sugar
- 2 flax or regular eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan or regular butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt
vegan or regular butter, coconut or unrefined sugar, ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan or regular butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut or unrefined sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
- Grease or spray donut pan moulds or muffin moulds
- In a food processor, add donut ingredients beginning with the flax eggs and blitz until the batter is smooth and the beetroot is completely combined.
- Pour batter in to a spouted jug (it is super runny) and pour in to donut or muffin pans half way.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine glaze ingredients stirring until combined.
- Brush on glaze on to donut with a pastry brush or spoon over.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year