If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am loving my salads at the moment and this chicken goujon salad is perfect as a summer supper. —Teresa Ulyate
- 150 grams cherry tomatoes
- olive oil for drizzling
- 500 grams cubed butternut
- 70 grams breadcrumbs
- 30 grams finely grated parmesan
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 30 grams flour
- 150 grams mixed leaves
- balsamic vinegar / salad dressing
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and place the whole cherry tomatoes on a small baking tray. Drizzle with some olive oil and roast for 10 minutes, until soft and the skins are cracking.
- Turn the oven down to 190°C. Place the butternut cubes on a tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cover the tray with foil. Roast the butternut for 35-40 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and a good grinding of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips approximately 5cm long. Toss the strips in the flour to coat evenly. Then gently toss the dusted the chicken strips in the egg ensuring that they are completely coated.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, (I find it easiest to coat them individually). Arrange the crumbed chicken pieces in a single layer on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the goujons at 190°C for 15 minutes. Turn the goujons over and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the flaked almonds in a small, dry saucepan over a medium heat. Stir regularly until the almonds are golden and toasted (this will just take a few minutes), then set aside.
- To assemble the salad: arrange the mixed leaves on a large platter. Arrange the goujons, roasted butternut and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, or your favourite dressing.