If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made from colorful and healthy ingredients like flour tortillas, red bell pepper, spinach, sour cream, cream cheese and feta cheese these savory eye candy rolls are the ideal holiday hors d'oeuvre. The dairy items in this recipe being optional, these rolls can be served vegan too. —Annada Rathi
Makes 1 cup
Ingredients for red bell pepper chutney
- 2 red bell peppers diced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 dry red arbol peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute red bell peppers, arbol peppers and oil at medium heat. Turn the heat off after 15 minutes. The bell pepper pieces shrivel up and arbol peppers turn dark as a result of cooking.
- Once this mixture cools down, grind it fine with salt and tamarind paste. Add a tsp or two of water to facilitate grinding.
- This red bell pepper chutney is a glitzy blend of sweet, hot and sour flavors and carries a fantastic, deep red color.
Ingredients for eye candy rolls
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper chutney
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1.5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4 flour tortillas 8"
- Mix red bell pepper chutney, sour cream and cream cheese well in a bowl.
- Apply this spread liberally on each tortilla.
- Place baby spinach leaves, roasted red bell pepper strips and feta cheese on top. Salt and pepper as per preference.
- Roll the tortilla with all the goodies inside in a tight roll. Place this roll in a plastic wrap and wrap the plastic around the roll. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and cut each roll into 1/2" pieces crosswise. Arrange these pieces on a platter on their flat sides in such a way that their colorful insides are visible.
- All dairy ingredients in this recipe are optional. Serve it to your vegan friends too.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year