If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These spicy, buttery, crispy & thin gingery cookies are a family tradition Norway. They are delightfully old fashioned and are often used as window decorations for the holiday season. You will find pepparkakors at every social gathering throughout the month of December. More importantly, they’re the best complement to a warm mug of glögg! —RawSpiceBar
piece RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread Spices
piece egg well beaten
teaspoon baking soda
- Heat molasses in small saucepan to boiling point, let boil about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and butter and stir until butter is melted, let cool. Beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread spices.
- Add to first mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Roll out a portion of the dough at a time on lightly floured pastry cloth and roll into thin layers.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350F) 6-8 minutes.