If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a delicious and spiced appetizer dip poised to be enjoyed with company - composed of roasted red pepper, fennel, and garlic, blended with chickpeas and harissa, and baked, topped with feta. —danielle & rooting the sun
- 1 large fennel bulb diced, fronds reserved
- 2 large garlic cloves, unskinned
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon's juice, divided in half
- black pepper
- 1 can of tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa (heat preference dependent)
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup feta
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. on a large sheet pan toss fennel, garlic, and bell pepper with oil, 1/2 a lemon's juice, and a dusting of ground black peppercorn. roast ingredients for 30 minutes, remove, and keep oven on.
- in the body of a large food processor or blender combine the chickpeas, harissa, fennel fronds, other 1/2 lemon's juice & zest. add the roasted fennel, garlic (slipped from their skins), and red pepper. process ingredients until smooth. if a little oil is needed at this step, add slowly with motor running to aid in bringing the dip together. add salt and pepper to taste.
- remove dip to a an oven proof dish and sprinkle with feta. add back into oven and bake 20-25 minutes until heated. feta will not melt, but will slightly brown and be warm on top. garnish dip with fennel fronds and serve with toasts, crackers and vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends