If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gorgeous Kale Persimmon Salad seems so simple yet the flavors are absolutely outstanding! Honestly, I am completely hooked! There is a lot of texture going on from the burrata to the pomegranate seeds and the red and white balsamic vinaigrette really steps it up a notch. —CaliZona
Serves 4 – 6
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Stone Ground or Dijon Mustard
- 1 Garlic Cloves – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt – or to taste
- dashes Black Pepper
- 6 cups Dino Kale, stems removed, leaves chopped into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- handfuls Basil Leaves – roughly chopped or torn
- 2 - 3 Fuyu Persimmons – thinly sliced – halved or quarterd
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds - or to taste
- 1 Burrata Ball – torn in pieces
- 1/2 cup Pistachio – roughly chopped
- 1/2 Baguette - 12 thin slices
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vinaigrette * In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegars, garlic, salt and pepper. Next slowly whisk in the olive oil. Or use a hand held blender to emulsify.
- Salad * Wash the kale and remove main rib by holding the end of the steam and pull down with your other hand. Discarding the main rib. Chop kale into thin strips, add to a large bowl along with the tablespoon of olive oil and massage the oil into the kale. Mix in the basil, persimmon, pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Mix everything together or arrange it nicely on a platter. Add dressing to individual salads and top them off with burrata and crostini.
- Crostini * Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices onto a baking sheet and coat both sides with olive oil. Place on the top shelf of the oven and broil for 1 – 2 minutes then flip them over and broil for about 1 more minute. Make sure and watch close, they can burn fast. I usually put the timer on for 1 minute and check then put on for 1 more while watching. They cook faster on the 2nd side because they are already hot.