If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan taco everyone will love. Smoky chipotle, sweet maple and cayenne combined in a flavour filled bite. Lime mayonnaise adds creamy zest —My Goodness Kitchen
Slow Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock or water
- 3 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Heat oil and sauté garlic on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add smoked paprika and stir to combine.
- Add ketchup, tamari, apple cider vinegar, chipotle sauce, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Add water or stock and keep on the heat for 1 minutes.
- Lay cauliflower florets in a small baking dish, season with salt and drizzle with a little oil.
- Carefully pour the marinade over the cauliflower. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove and carefully stir. Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until soft and caramelised.
Taco and Condiments
- 1 red onion halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut or unprocessed sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup vegan or regular mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- 1 zest of a lime
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 1 splash fresh lime juice
- 1 packet soft corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful chopped chives (optional)
- Place onion, vinegar, sugar and salt in a jar. With the lid on, shake to combine and set aside for 2 hours to pickle.
- Stir mayonnaise, chipotle and lime zest together in a small bowl. Adjust to taste.
- Prepare tortillas as per packet interactions. Build taco beginning with a good smear of chipotle-lime mayonnaise, add roasted cauliflower, pickled onions, sliced avocado, coriander or chives and a good squeeze of lime.
- Eat messily.