If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You're just one sheet pan, one piece of focaccia, and a whole lotta cheese away from this slab grilled cheese. We used cheddar because we like it's melt, but you can use other comparable cheeses. You can also make Saltie's Focaccia for this, or go store-bought in a pinch. One of the best things about this party showstopper is that you don't even need butter or oil to get it going—the focaccia provides the good stuff. —Food52
Makes one 18 x 13-inch grilled cheese, enough for 8 to 10 sandwiches (or more, depending on size)
- 1 large piece of focaccia, one that will fit snugly on an 18x13-inch baking sheet
- 1 1/2 pounds Cheddar, or comparable, cheese
- Crumbled bacon, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, or anything you'd put in a regular grilled cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Slice the focaccia so that you have two equal slabs.
- Sprinkle your preferred grated cheese for as little or as much coverage as you'd like between the slices of focaccia.
- Weigh the whole thing down with a heavy-bottomed pan—that's right, put a pan right on top of the focaccia—and bake at 375°F for about 8 minutes.
- Slice into 9 large sandwiches, or as small as you'd like to serve at a party.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!