If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy chocolate fudge packed with cranberries, macadamias and almonds. It's also easy to make (as fudge goes)! —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 20 squares
- 200 milliliters evaporated milk
- 100 milliliters full cream milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 150 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 50 grams butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 50 grams almonds, roughly chopped
- 100 grams dried cranberries
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Put the evaporated milk, full cream milk, sugar and marshmallows in a deep saucepan over a low heat. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the marshmallows have melted.
- Bring the mixture to the boil. Allow to boil for 12 minutes, stirring continuously until the mixture has reached soft ball stage. To test this, simply drop a small amount of syrup into a bowl of ice water. If you are able to roll the syrup into a soft ball then you are good to go!
- Take the pot off the heat. Add the dark chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and mix well until the butter and chocolate have melted. Mix in the chopped macadamias, almonds and cranberries.
- Working quickly, tip the mixture into the prepared tin. Use a spatula to gently flatten the top, (it does not have to be completely smooth).
- Pop the tin into the fridge for 3-4 hours until firm. Cut the fudge into blocks and store in an airtight container in the fridge. The fudge will firm up even further overnight.
More Great Recipes: Candy