If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best Tofu dish with pumpkin ginger purée! It's super easy to make, is healthy & is gluten free. Guaranteed to leave an impression on your loved ones. —Chef On The Block
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup slices tofu
- 1 tablespoon AP Flour, for dusting (or any GF flour)
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 red chili
- 1 spring onion
- handfuls mint leaves
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on pumpkin & season. Then roast in the oven at 160C for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Dust your tofu cubes in AP flour.
- In a hot pan, add olive oil & fry on both sides till crispy. Then set aside.
- Using the same pan, discard of half of the oil then add in the ginger, onion & garlic. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chili followed by spring onion, season with salt & pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat & blend with the roasted pumpkin. If it isn't too smooth then you can add some water (1 tbsp at a time).
- Serve tofu warm, with blended ginger mix on top. Garnish with mint leaves.