If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy & filling oatmeal & meatballs stew. It only takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare & more importantly, it’s filling! —Chef On The Block
grams minced beef or veal
cup zereshk (barberry's acidic berry)
tablespoons olive oil
milliliters beef or vegetable broth
tablespoons tomato paste
Season to taste
- Mix zereshk and oregano with the minced meat till well combined. Then make equal sized meatballs.
- In a heated pot, add olive oil and fry the meatballs till sealed and colored (approx. 3 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pot, add water, broth and oatmeal. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then add the tomato paste and season to taste.
- Gently drop in the meatballs and let simmer for another 10 minutes (add more water if you think is needed).
- Serve hot and sprinkle additional zereshk for taste and texture along side olive bread or crispy pita bread.