If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious & refreshing sorbet with a hint of asian flavor. Unique & dairy free!!! —Chef On The Block
- 200 milliliters Coconut Milk
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1/4 green chili
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 4-inch stalk lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups mango, chopped into cubes
- In a pot on medium heat, add coconut milk, cinnamon, green chili, lime leaves and lemongrass.
- Bring to the boil while stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside to infuse for 20 minutes. Then discard of chili, lime leaves and lemongrass.
- In a separate pot, add mangoes, sugar and honey and caramelize for 5 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a blender, add infused coconut milk then add the caramelized mangoes and blend for 1-2 minutes, I like to keep some texture/ small chunks in there.
- Place in ice cream molds and freeze for minimum 1 hour or till your sorbet has set.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. (Note: This can be served on its own with a dash of cinnamon on top or with a bowl of mixed fruits.)