If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is ready in about 10 minutes from start to finish. Full of flavour and loaded with protein. —The Goodness Exchange
- 1 red onion
- 2 400 gram can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 40 gram can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 400 gram can finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground pepper
Entirely optional quinoa and salsa
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or rice
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 small red onion
- 1 juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful coriander, washed
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- Finely chop garlic.
- Toss the onion and celery in a food processor and chop to a fine dice.
- Heat a large saucepan or soup pot on medium heat and add a good glug of olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chopped onion and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- Add dried herbs and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir for 1 minute.
- Add stock. Add black beans and chick peas. Season well with sea salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Done!
- Place all salsa tomato, capsicum, onion, lime, coriander and salt and pepper in a food processor and blitz for 10 seconds
- Serve chilli in a bowl on its own or with a spoon of quinoa, salsa and fresh avocado.