If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Three decadent cheeses, melted together and poured over spiral gluten free pasta, sautéed kale and onion, then topped with gluten free bread crumbs. Inspired by Amy's Kitchen. —Froment Free
FOR PASTA & KALE
- 16 ounces Gluten free brown rice spiral pasta
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons California olive oil
- Koshers salt
- 1 Onion, small
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Kale, roughly chopped
FOR CHEESE SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Gluten free all-purpose flower
- 1 cup Fresh Havarti cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Fresh cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- For PASTA, bring large pot of water to a boil.
- While water boils, add crushed garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and kosher salt.
- Pour rice pasta into pot and boil for two minutes.
- After 2 minutes, turn off heat and cover pot.
- Let pasta continue to cook for about 15 min, stirring gently at times. (When done, drain pasta. Pasta is al dente and ready to serve. Note: Cooking times may vary.)
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock, then turn stove up to medium high heat.
- Add KALE, salt and pepper to taste, stir and cover sauce pan.
- Let cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Uncover saucepan and let cook for another five minutes.
- (You will know it's done when most of the liquid has evaporated.)
- Turn off heat and set kale mixture aside.
- For CHEESE SAUCE, in a large shallow pot over medium low heat, warm 1 cup of milk.
- When milk is warmed, slowly add and whisk in 1 tbsp. of flour.
- When not lumpy, add all three cheeses and stir.
- (Tip: If using fresh parmesan, food process the cheese first, then add.)
- Stir for 5 minutes, then add ½ cup of milk and stir for another 5 minutes.
- You will know it's done when thoroughly smooth and creamy.
- Add pasta to cheese sauce, then gently mix.
- Add kale to pasta and cheese mixture, then gently mix.
- Plate pasta while hot, and top with gluten free bread crumbs.
- (To make bread crumbs: Leave bread on counter for a couple days, or toast, then put in food processor.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of