Author Notes: Your most savory post-Downton delight. —Jessica Volz
dried apricots, preferably palatable in color
tablespoons Roquefort cheese; divided into 16 compact 'balls'
tablespoons toasted coconut (crumbled)
ounces quince cheese, cut into 1" x 1" x 1/4" segments
mini rye crispbreads (such as those made by Peter's Yard); this ingredient is optional but adds to the decadence.
- Gingerly peel open the dried apricots and separate the halves.
- Dip each Roquefort 'ball' in the crumbled coconut mixture and press into the inner portion of a dried apricot half. Repeat.
- Stack each Roquefort and coconut stuffed apricot on a quince cheese square, apricot side up. Repeat.
- OPTIONAL: With scrupulous delicacy, place each stack on a mini rye crispbread. Repeat.
- Serve with Viognier, Champagne or Oolong.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit