If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chickpea, Tomato and Quinoa Stew with Cinnamon and Golden Raisins, the ideal culmination of cozy and warming, healthful and budget friendly. Made with a hearty and intensely nourishing white bean infused tomato broth, elevated with soothing undertones of cinnamon and naturally sweetening golden raisins, this simple, one-pot, and plant based protein and fiber rich stew is an amazing make-ahead weeknight meal option. Requiring only minutes of preparation for days worth of leftovers, I serve my stew with a thick slice of crusty sourdough, topped with a big squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Nutritional Information [per serving = 2 cups]
320 Calories, 6g Fat, 54g Carbohydrates, 11.5g Fiber, 13.5g Sugar, 13g Protein —Alexandra Dawson
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cups lacinato kale, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat until just hot. Add onion, carrots, and garlic, and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft, but not browned (about 10 minutes).
- Add the vegetable stock, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, mashed cannellini beans, quinoa, raisins, and cinnamon, making sure to thoroughly stir in mashed cannellini beans so they begin to dissolve into the broth. Bring pot to a low boil, reduce heat to low and cover, allowing stew to simmer for 30 minutes, or until quinoa has completely cooked through. Remove from heat, remove cinnamon stick and stir in chopped kale until just wilted. Season to taste, serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit