If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bread just doesn't get easier. Delicious cheese and herb rolls, ready in 10 minutes and no oven required! —Teresa Ulyate
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the Italian herbs and grated cheese.
- Whisk the water, eggs and garlic together in a jug. Add to the dry ingredients and mix together to form a dough. Add an extra splash of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Melt the butter in a deep saucepan over a medium heat. As the butter just starts to bubble add the dough balls, arranging them in a single layer in the pan. Cover and leave to cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully turn the rolls over. Cover the pan again and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the rolls have risen and are cooked through. Watch that the pan doesn't get too hot - you will want to char the rolls slightly but not burn them.
- Enjoy simply - serve warm with lashings of butter.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins