If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pinch RawSpiceBar Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon RawSpiceBar Shiitake Mushroom Powder
- 1 liter buckwheat pasta (soba), udon, fettuccine or other thick wheat noodle
- 1 liter broccoli, crowns cut into small florets
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 piece shallot, diced
- 1 piece inch ginger, chopped
- 3 pieces cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 pieces scallions, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli to the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Allow to cool, then drain and dry on paper towels. Set pot of water aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of peanut oil. When rippling hot, add mushrooms and sear for 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium, add RawSpiceBar's Shiitake Powder, pinch of RawSpiceBar's Five Spice Powder, garlic, ginger, scallions, and red pepper flakes and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant. Remove from the heat and transfer to bowl.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and heat remaining tbsp oil until rippling. Add mushroom mixture, broccoli, stock and soy sauce, bring to a simmer on low heat. Simmer uncovered for 1-2 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the pot of water back to a boil and add pasta. Cook noodles until al dente. Drain and toss with the mushrooms, broccoli and sesame oil. Serve and enjoy!