If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pouch RawSpiceBar's Egyptian Spices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 piece lentils
- 2 quarts vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 loaves whole-wheat pita bread
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, salt and celery. Cook, stirring until onions are translucent, about 7 min.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes & RawSpiceBar's Egyptian Spices. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil then turn down the heat to low and simmer for 35-45 min, until vegetables are very soft.
- While the soup is simmering, make the croutons. Preheat oven to 200C. Cut or tear pita bread into bite-sized pieces. Toss with a generous drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt then spread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place in oven for about 10-12 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Puree the soup with a blender in batches, until smooth. Adjust seasoning and serve with croutons and a sprinkle of dukkah if you like. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: