If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Afghan Marinated Lamb (for Kabuli Pulao) —RawSpiceBar
- RawSpiceBar’s Afghan Lamb Rub
- 1.5 lb leg of lamb, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat the meat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Over medium temperature heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the onion. Stir until just wilted.
- Add the garlic and the saffron and stir to combine flavors.
- Then add the meat, the rest of the vegetable oil, and keep stirring until the pieces are browned on all sides.
- Add water, reduce heat to low, and cook, skimming the surface as needed. Cook for 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is fork tender.
- Remove the lamb and set aside in a bowl.
- Reserve the stock.