If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very light cake with a delicate banana flavour. It has the added bonus of being sugar free! Drizzle with melted carob for a bit of (guilt free) decadence. —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 1 cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup xylitol
- 100 milliliters sunflower oil
- 200 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 small bananas, about 180g
- 1.5 cups flour
- 100 milliliters cornflour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams carob
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a 23cm ring tin.
- Beat the eggs and xylitol together until pale and creamy. Add the oil, milk and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Mash the bananas and stir into the mixture. Sift in the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool completely.
- Optional decoration: Melt the carob chunks and drizzle over the cooled cake. Decorate with fresh raspberries just before serving.