If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this soup. —Nicole Franzen
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 ears of corn
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 boxes of chicken stock
- 2 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- sour cream or cheese if desired
- Chop your garlic, white onion, jalapeño and half of the bunch of cilantro. Heat your soup pot to med heat and add olive oil, chile flakes, salt and pepper. Then add your garlic, onion, jalapeño and cilantro. Juice of one lime. Cook till translucent.
- Then add your corn and saute till tender. Rinse your black beans and then add them. Followed by 2 cans of roasted tomatoes. Finish with 2 containers of chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for about 2 hours.
- For guacamole topping, I cut up two avocados, and place in bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and a touch of olive oil. Then squeeze the juice of one lime and the rest of the chopped cilantro. Season to taste.
- When plating I like to put the soup in first, then tortilla chips and place the guacamole on top. You can also add shredded cheese or sour cream it you like.