Author Notes: A baked portobello stuffed mushroom, filled with rosemary goat cheese, gluten free bread crumbs, and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. —Feeding Gluten Free
ounces goat cheese, 1 log
tablespoon rosemary, chopped
portobello mushrooms, stemmed
cup gluten free bread crumbs
cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
california olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and rosemary.
- Thoroughly mix well, then add a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Mix well again, then set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Wipe off portobello mushrooms thoroughly, including gills.
- Be gentle, and do not rinse with water.
- Brush and coat mushrooms with olive oil, including gills.
- Lay mushrooms on a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle mushrooms all over with kosher salt.
- Stuff mushrooms with goat cheese mixture and spread.
- Fill in gaps as needed with mixture.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with bread crumb mixture until tops are coated.
- Drizzle olive oil over tops of mushrooms, in a back and forth motion.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until tops are crusted.
- Goat cheese mixture should be almost bubbly.
- When finished, take out sheet pan and plate mushrooms.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve with knife and fork.
- NOTE: Oven temps and times vary, so keep an eye on these.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan