If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today I did a wine tasting with lunch. For dessert I decided to make my basic meringue and add a few special touches. I used Amanda's strawberries with a kick and had rave reviews. The man seated next to me was (I thought )moaning but he informed me that he was purring! —dymnyno
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- whipping cream, whipped with or without sugar(the meringue and strawberries are pretty sweet)
- the best semi-sweet chocolate, grated with a microplaner (about 2tbs)
- fresh strawberries that have been husked and sliced in half.
- 6 tbs amanda's Preserved Strawberries with Chiles recipe on Food52
- black pepper
- Using the first 4 ingredients make the meringue (see my basic meringue) recipe on food52
- Put a large spoonful of meringue batter on parchment or silpat on a baking sheet and smooth with a spoon to make a circular base. Repeat to make 6 meringues.
- Sprinkle some of the micro-planed chocolate on each meringue and bake in a 275 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Turn off oven and leave for 15 minutes.
- Put a spoonful of Amanda's Preserved Strawberries with Chiles on each meringue.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on each meringue. Then put a small handfull of fresh strawberries on each.
- Then put another dollop of whipped cream.
- Finally, sprinkle a little more grated chocolate and crank a few turns of black pepper on top of the whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries