If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
A butter rich cake-like bar with a layer of sweet-tart apricot jam and a douse of crunchy sliced almonds! —garlic and zest
- 1/2 cup packed canned almond paste* (about 5 oz; not marzipan), coarsely crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup raw sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about 2"-3" of overhang on either side. Spray lightly with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a food processor (not a mini prep), add the almond paste and pulse until the paste is reduced to crumbs. Add the salt and sugar and pulse until well combined. Add the egg and process until smooth. Add the almond extract and the flour and pulse until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- If the apricot preserves are chunky, place them in a mini prep food processor and pulse several times until smooth. Spread the apricot preserves evenly over the batter. Sprinkle preserves with almonds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until almonds are browned and cookie base is set. Remove from oven and cool for an hour. Grasp the parchment paper to lift the bar cookie out of the pan and set on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 16 equal squares.