If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those recipes we would often make for school bake sales, and I have given this old favourite an update. It's oh so good! —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 25 blocks
- 225 grams butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 450 grams icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 200 grams chocolate digestive biscuits
- Grease a 20cm square tin and line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the peanut butter.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and sift in the icing sugar and cocoa. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix well.
- Break the biscuits into pieces and stir into the chocolate mixture. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate until firm, then remove from the tin and cut into squares. Store in the fridge.