If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potato salad is a classic barbecue side, and this is the one I've been making all summer long. I absolutely love dill (thank you Nordic roots!). Here, heaps of this under-appreciated, aromatic herb provide a freshness that's balanced out by fluffy, creamy potatoes. Throw in some tender, slightly crisp green beans, toss it in a punchy mustard vinaigrette with some Parmigiano Reggiano, and you'll never make mayo-laden potato salad again.
- 1 pound baby potatoes, left whole or sliced in half if large
- 1 1/4 teaspoons teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 anchovy
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly chopped dill
- In a large stockpot, cover potatoes with cold water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce, and simmer 10-15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from water and set aside. Return water to a boil. Add green beans. Cook until just tender, 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Chop into 1-inch pieces.
- In a food processor or blender, purée oil, vinegar, mustard, anchovy, shallot, Parmigiano Reggiano, lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, beans, and dill with dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.