Author Notes: A classic favourite. A little bit crispy, a little bit chewy and a whole lot of chocolatey! —Teresa Ulyate
Makes: 20 cookies
grams butter, softened
grams castor sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
grams plain flour
teaspoon baking powder
grams dark chocolate chips
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Wet your hands slightly and roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Arrange on the tray allowing room for spreading. Flatten each ball slightly with a fork that has been dipped in flour.
- Bake for 10 minutes. then rotate the tray 180 degrees and bake for a further 4 minutes or until the cookies are golden at the edges. Carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. (They will be very soft but will harden on cooling.) Allow to cool before serving.