If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy and delicious Passover recipe brought to you by Medifast.
1 Starch | ¼ Protein | 1.5 Vegetable | 2 Fat
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Yield: 2 servings
Per Serving: 250 calories | 12g fat | 26g carbohydrates | 5g fiber | 12g protein —Food52User1
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 whole-wheat matzo crackers
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat until hot. Add onions and garlic, and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking for about one to two minutes, until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Put on a plate and set aside.
- Break up the matzos slightly, and soak in a bowl of cold water for 1-2 minutes until soft. Drain the matzos and squeeze out the water. Combine the matzo in a bowl with egg and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan you used to cook the onions, heat additional oil over medium-high heat. Add the matzo and egg mixture, cooked onions, and spinach, and scramble, stirring constantly until eggs are cooked.
- Divide between two plates.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Jewish-Inspired Recipe