If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy and delicious Passover recipe brought to you by Medifast.
1½ Protein | 1 Vegetable
Per serving: 380 calories | 16g fat | 10g carbohydrates | 47g protein —Food52User1
- 5-7 pounds beef brisket (will yield 2.5 lbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 large leeks, whites and greens
- 3 small carrots (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Set brisket in a roasting pan, and rub with dry seasonings.
- Bake uncovered at 450°F for one hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° F, cover, and cook two hours more.
- Meanwhile, mix vegetables, ketchup, and water in a large bowl; add to brisket. Cook for one to one and a half hours more.
More Great Recipes: Entrees