If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy and delicious recipe brought to you by Medifast.
1 Starch | ½ Protein
Per serving: 160 calories | 1.5g fat | 16g carbohydrates | 17g protein —Food52User1
- 4 boxes low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 whole head of celery, no leaves
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 boxes Manischewitz or other low-sodium Matzo Ball & Soup Mix
- Prepare matzo balls according to package directions.
- Chop all vegetables medium-chunky (with a food processor, for ease).
- Add all ingredients, including Soup Mix packet—but excluding matzo ball Mix—to large pot, bring to a slow boil, and cook till breasts are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Continue to cook soup until vegetables are tender; remove to blender, and puree. You can add a few shredded pieces of chicken to the blender, too.
- Return puree to pot with about half of the chicken, shredded, reserving the rest for another project.
- Add matzo balls; cook them in the soup for 20 minutes.
More Great Recipes: