Author Notes: A healthy and delicious recipe brought to you by Medifast.
1 Starch | ½ Protein
Per serving: 160 calories | 1.5g fat | 16g carbohydrates | 17g protein —Food52User1
boxes low-sodium chicken broth
6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
whole head of celery, no leaves
boxes Manischewitz or other low-sodium Matzo Ball & Soup Mix
In This Recipe
- Prepare matzo balls according to package directions.
- Chop all vegetables medium-chunky (with a food processor, for ease).
- Add all ingredients, including Soup Mix packet—but excluding matzo ball Mix—to large pot, bring to a slow boil, and cook till breasts are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Continue to cook soup until vegetables are tender; remove to blender, and puree. You can add a few shredded pieces of chicken to the blender, too.
- Return puree to pot with about half of the chicken, shredded, reserving the rest for another project.
- Add matzo balls; cook them in the soup for 20 minutes.