If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy and delicious recipe brought to you by Medifast.
1 Fat | ½ Fruit or 1 Healthy Fueling
Per serving: 100 calories | 7g fat | 8g carbohydrates | 2g fiber | 2g protein —Food52User1
- 3 medium Gala or Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sweet red wine (e.g. Manischewitz Extra Heavy Malaga) or grape juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Give walnuts a quick pulse in the food processor.
- Add apples and remaining ingredients, and process till just blended and spreadable, but not too mushy.
- Store covered, at room temperature until ready to serve, or refrigerate.
More Great Recipes: