If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Making these in muffins tins allows you to easily multiply the recipe for your guests! - cnevertz
Making these in muffins tins allows you to easily multiply the recipe for your guests! - cnevertz—cnevertz
Food52 Review: Far from a "sweet" sweet potato dish, these individual gratins get a big punch of flavor from the many layers of diced pancetta and Gruyere. Using a muffin tin allows for easy portioning, and if you choose your sweet potatoes carefully, the slices will fit perfectly into each compartment, which yields more polished personal gratins (if you care about that sort of thing; take note, Type A's!). Since this dish relies only on a few ingredients, the quality of each matters greatly. The more intense the Gruyere, the deeper the dish goes into savory territory. We say: bring it on! - A&M —The Editors
medium sweet potatoes (1 pound)
ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (1 cup)
ounces pancetta, diced small (1 cup)
cup heavy cream
teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice into 1/8-inch thick rounds.
- Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put one slice of the sweet potato into each cup.
- Top each with about a teaspoon of the shredded gruyere and diced pancetta; sprinkle with a little salt and white pepper.
- Repeat twice, overlapping small sweet potato slices if necessary to make a layer and use all slices.
- Add any leftover cheese and pancetta on top.
- Spoon a tablespoon of heavy cream on top of each cup.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover pan loosely with the foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for an additional 20 to 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin and serve as a side dish to your favorite main course.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!