Author Notes: The delicious combination of warming ginger and sweet toffee sauce make this the perfect winter pudding. —Teresa Ulyate
For the puddings:
x 200ml ramekins
teaspoons ground ginger
teaspoons baking powder
grams treacle sugar
For the toffee sauce:
cup light brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease the ramekins.
- Sift the flour, ginger and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in the treacle sugar.
- Melt the butter. Add to the dry ingredients with the egg and milk. Mix until just combined into a batter.
- Divide the batter between the four ramekins. Arrange the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- While the puddings are baking prepare the toffee sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small pot over a low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Allow to boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Remove the puddings from the oven and prick all over with a thin skewer. Pour the hot syrup over the top. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.