If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The delicious combination of warming ginger and sweet toffee sauce make this the perfect winter pudding. —Teresa Ulyate
For the puddings:
x 200ml ramekins
teaspoons ground ginger
teaspoons baking powder
grams treacle sugar
For the toffee sauce:
cup light brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease the ramekins.
- Sift the flour, ginger and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in the treacle sugar.
- Melt the butter. Add to the dry ingredients with the egg and milk. Mix until just combined into a batter.
- Divide the batter between the four ramekins. Arrange the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- While the puddings are baking prepare the toffee sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small pot over a low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Allow to boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Remove the puddings from the oven and prick all over with a thin skewer. Pour the hot syrup over the top. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.