4 cups of heavy cream or half & half
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 packets of gelatin, about 4 teaspoons
6 tablespoons water
Red Currant and Raspberry Coulis
2 cups of Red Currants
2 cups of Raspberries
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water
In This Recipe
- For the Panna Cotta - In a medium saucepan add 4 cups of cream and 1/2 cup of sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. If you are using fresh vanilla bean cut lengthwise and place inside the cream. Let it steep for about 30 min. Then remove and reheat.
- Meanwhile empty two packets of gelatin into a bowl and add 6 tablespoons of cold water. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Then add very warm cream over the gelatin and mix well. Pour into your dishes. If you are using a cup that you want to take the Panna Cotta out of, then you should lightly grease your ramekin. You can use the tip of a knife to run it around the edges or place the dish in a cup of hot water and this will make it pop right out.
- Place dishes on a tray and put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. If you make them a night before you need them, that's even better.
- For the Coulis - In a small saucepan add a container of red currants and raspberries. Add a 1/4 of sugar and 1/4 of water. Bring to a simmer and reduce for about 30 minutes. Then push it through a chinois or sieve. Red Currants have lots of seeds, so its pretty important to remove them.